Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A New Collaboration Begins!


I was lucky enough to meet Marie-Noel Voyer-Cramp (Skyejewels.etsy.com for finished jewelry, Moreskyejewels.etsy.com for tiles) on Facebook. I love her ephemera tiles with beautiful digital art, and I suggested to her that we collaborate-her tiles, my bead embroidery, just to see what I could come up with. She mailed me a few tiles from Calgary, Alberta, CA and I was thrilled when they arrived here on the coast of NC-how beautiful they are! Here's the first attempt at a pretty pendant. Glued down onto Lacy's Stiff Stuff, I colored the background (black was my first choice) and you can see the roughed out shape with a little more color testing in the corner. I started with gray seed beads to surround the tile with peyote stitch, and as I was beading, I happened to notice that my fingers were black Sharpie stained, and I wasn't digging where I was headed. Now what?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: