Sunday, October 16, 2011

The pendant is complete!


After bonding and trimming soft, repurposed black suede to the back, I attached the two layers with one row of brick stitch with bronze delicas. The bail loop is also made of these. I'm thrilled with the way it turned out, and I hope Marie (skyejewels.com) will be, too. I really like the way the bronze tones pick up the deep browns in the shell. The pendant measures between 2 1/4" and 2 1/2". What a fun project-I can't wait to receive more tiles and try my hand at an embroidered bracelet! Thanks for following this interesting journey-I've enjoyed the ride!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. It turned out better than I could have hoped for!! Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud to be the owner of this beautiful piece of jewelry! I love it, and wear it often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful & very delicate piece.!
    I would love to make it or wear one!


    Joy to the beads!

    Happy Holidays my fellow Beaders!

    ReplyDelete