Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Almost there-or am I?


I'm liking where this is going. I think I've struck a balance between enhancing Marie-Noel's tile and totally going overboard. Is it done? I'm not sure. The next step is trimming, bonding on the leather backing and constructing the bail. I really love the asymmetry at the bottom, which is 3 taupe green fresh water pearls, and although it's difficult to see in the photo, there is a little brown edge of size 15 seed beads that surround the pearls. It might be a good idea to enhance that a bit more. That's an idea that needs to percolate. I'm pretty sure the edging will be done with deep gold metal 15 seed beads that I've had for a bunch of years. How do you think it's going so far?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous!! :) Can't wait to see it finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Those three pearls really set the design off in a very soft but beautiful way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I am really thrilled with the way it going, and I agree with you, Joy-the soft taupe, green pearls added just the right dimension of "ocean"!

    ReplyDelete