Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fresh Water Pearl Woven Necklace with Earrings


I love to shop for fresh water pearls. Sometimes the more "off" round ones are more interesting than the cookie-cutter perfectly round ones...you know, Grandma's pearls. We all have a strand, right? Because these pale green taupe pearls seemed to ask for an unusual design, I incorporated silver lined Miyuki seed beads and started a round weave that ended in points. I love this! The necklace closes with an antique reproduction stamped brass flower button.  The earrings are one motif of the necklace, suspended from sterling French wires. This set has been sold, but is available in my etsy store in pale peach.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful design. I am looking forward to learning more from you in your classes at Dings. Wishing you a Happy Holiday Season! See you in the new year. This is my blog: www.blancastown.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Criseida-thanks for stopping in! Hope you enjoyed the classes, I know I did, and it inspires me to learn more so we can continue to share. See you in the New Year for more fun. Have a fantastic Christmas season and enjoy that beautiful family of yours.

    ReplyDelete